Sunday, March 9, 2008

Some technologies I love

Most people know me as a technology "princess" - at least that was the latest title I was given by my good friend Joanne. I was never a fanatic about technology, but spending close to 14 years of my life working for Motorola - a major technology innovator and consumer brand - I have become a closet technology geek. I like talking about technology - whether it is wireless phones, computers or home entertainment equipment - I like having new toys to play with and I especially like new products that enhance my love of photography, fashion or just talking on the phone. So, I wanted to take some time out to hit on a few technology players that I just love!

1. Motorola: I will always love them, especially while my favorite designer is still driving the consumer design team - Jim Wicks. I firmly believe they are an innovator that happens to employ amazing people!
2. Apple: I recently started using the Apple (PRODUCT) RED Nano and I LOVE it. All of the new capabilities just make the experience so much more fun....especially when I am working out. I have loaded all of my pictures on there and I have a ton of fun scrolling through them while I have some downtime.
3. PhotoVu: This is a nifty little company out of Boulder, Colorado who makes high quality, custom made digital picure frames for the home or office. You will not find such a high quality product in this category like the one Photo Vu makes. Check them out at: http://www.photovu.com/index.php. If you love to take pictures and you find that the majority of your pictures just sit on your computer...this is a great way to get them out and in front of a lot of people!
4. Myxer: If you love to get cool, new content for your mobile phone - Myxer is a must-see site! www.myxer.com. Not only can you get new content - including some great music from some amazing indie bands - but you can also format your own content - Pictures, Songs, and more - for your mobile phone.
5. Bluetooth headsets: These are not new...I have been using them for years...but I forgot how helpful they can be in holding a phone conversation while doing other things....Check out Sound ID - a tech start-up that makes some really great headsets that actually let people hear you whether you are in your office, in an aiport or running outstide! www.soundid.com

No comments: