Monday, March 10, 2008

Project Runway Finale - Not so happy

As I mentioned in a previous post, I love Project Runway. TV in general does not interest me too much - except for reruns of Friends, SATC and my favorite show Bones - but Project Runway was one show I could get excited about, anxiously awaiting the next installment each week to see what amazing clothes the various designers would come up with. Honestly, I could do without the drama of the show - just the inspiration for the designs and the final runway gets my heart pumping.

I was disappointed with the fourth season's final installment. I guess my take of who should be the Great American Designer is someone who makes clothes that American women would want to wear. Jillian was my favorite for most of the show - especially with the trio of '70's inspired clothes she and her team made out of fashion don'ts. I loved ever piece. I WANTED her final piece she did with the black coat and the gold dress. Everyone that knows me knows that I love gold and silver pieces. So, I thought she was the ideal winner to go on and make clothes we - the American Woman - would want to wear. Christian - who did win - had amazing clothes and as everyone said - has amazing talent - but really, who is going to wear his clothest? Besides Victoria Beckham - which again - who really dresses like that.

Than Rami came in with a really fabulous show - I loved his pieces as well - and I actually thought the colors were great. Jillian's collection was not as wow as I anticipated - so maybe Rami should have won.....but basically, I am a bit disappointed with the selection. I felt it was a bit unfair!

So the question is now, how do I follow what Rami and Jillian are doing?

No comments: